WiseBody Physical Therapy
At WiseBody Physical Therapy, we tap into the innate wisdom of the body to heal and eliminate pain. Your body has the answers. Let us help you move wisely with fluidity, strength and tensegrity.
Our practice is centered on the notion that every body deserves the balance and strength needed to accomplish physical goals with grace and ease. Whether that means playing a game of catch in the backyard, completing your first triathlon, taking your tennis game to the next level, or even wearing your favorite high heels again, the WiseBody team is here to help.
During your initial evaluation, a highly qualified physical therapist from our team will begin by listening to you to understand the history of your problem. You will be asked about your past medical and injury history and your future wellness goals. The therapist will then assess your posture, movement, gait, joint motion and strength to identify faulty patterns that are causing or perpetuating your pain. Once the therapist has identified the source and cause of your pain, you will be given specific strategies to eliminate it. Some of these may involve changing your posture or movement behavior, others may involve specific relaxation techniques (massage, breathing) or strengthening exercises.
In one-on-one 45 minute treatments, you will receive hands-on manual therapy in a private treatment room. Our therapists will help to re-align and mobilize your joints and release restrictions that are contributing to your pain. You will be trained by your therapist to perform strengthening and stabilizing exercises efficiently to support the manual therapy changes, and then asked to repeat some at home on your own.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR VISIT AND COVID-19
We want to make sure all our patients know that WiseBody physical therapists are available for in-person and telehealth appointments. It’s understandable that there might be concern about coming to physical therapy in- person right now. Rest assured that we have put in place strict safety procedures to protect our patients. Here’s what we are doing to keep our patients healthy during their visit:
• All providers and staff wear masks and other appropriate protective equipment like gloves as needed
• All staff will continue to wash hands frequently
• All patients are screened for COVID-19 symptoms (dry cough, sore throat, flu-like symptoms, headache, diarrhea,
vomiting, loss of smell or taste, or have purple/blue lesions on feet/toes) before arriving for their visit
• All providers, staff, and patients are also screened for COVID-19 symptoms at the practice entrance and given a
temperature check with a “no-touch” thermometer
• All patients are required to wear a mask or face covering
• Social distancing measures will be enforced when entering and leaving our locations
• We ask that you arrive as close to time of visit to go straight to a private treatment room
• Our rooms are cleaned and sanitized between patients throughout the day